Saturday 22 March 2014

treading water

It wasn't me who did the washing today, or scrapped the cat poo, fed the cats, got the boy ready for football, made the beds, or tidied the kitchen.it wasn't me, i wasn't there. i was too busy hanging on to the ledge of reality trying not to fall off it. I'm never here anymore, i dont remember conversations, i cant make plans. my house is not my own anymore. there is no quiet time, so i'm not there.
i am an illusion a very clever illusion that means no one notices. i am the stepford woman who inwardly screams as outwardly she puts on her normal face and prays the mask doesnt slip.
i am the woman who longs for what she never had and misses the things that never miss her. i am the one you dont hug, the one who you cant touch i am stone. feelings are a distant memory.
dont ask me what i want, don't ask my permission, dont inquire where things are. i dont know i was never here.

No comments:

Post a Comment